problem with the linker

Hi,

We are trying to port our application from solaris8 to Red Hat 9.
We are facing problems when trying to define the scope of some functions as
"local".
We didnt find any eqivalent option in the GNU ld version 2.13.90.0.18.

We had used Solaris Link Editors: 5.8-1.273 earlier with the option -M and
a mapfile.
We use GCC to compile our code, with option -Xlinker.
For ex :
gcc -Xlinker -M -Xlinker mapfile .......

The mapfile defines the scope for some functions, and it looks as follows :
{
  local:
  func1();
}

Can anyone help me out from this problem.

Thanks and Regards
Phani

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you