RE: Compiling for AMD Turion 64

-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
Behalf Of Arturas Moskvinas
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:05 AM
To: Jure Repinc
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Compiling for AMD Turion 64

> I would like to know which compiler flags are optimal for compiling
for
> AMD Turion 64 mobile processor. If they are different for 32 and 64
bit
> mode I would like to know the differences. For example If I get the
mcpu
> right it should now be set to athlon-xp if compiling for 32-bit mode
and
> athlon64 if compiling for 64 bit mode. Or are there some more specific

> settings for AMD Turion 64?
>
> Also is there much difference in support for AMD Turion 64 in GCC
3.4.4
> and 4.0.2?
>
> Thank in advance for all your answers and help!

AMD Turion 64 CPU is the same AMD Athlon 64, only with a better power
consumption, so there is no "special" or "specific" settings for AMD
Turion 64.

What Opteron dual core?  Are there any special flags in GCC to make the
compile really optimal for the AMD64 Opteron Dual Core CPU?

About the difference between GCC 3.4.4 and 4.0.2 I do not know, but I
think 4.0.X GCC generates a bi better code than 3.4.4 (but you have to
benchmark your program to be for sure...)

Arturas M.