error: forward declaration of `struct bit::bitObject'

Dear Listers,

I am working on a VC++ to gcc conversion, and I'm facing some problems that
I cannot find the answers for.
I'm working on a Windows XP machine with cygwin installed and as IDE I'm
using Ecplipse. The GCC complier I am working with is:

>gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (cygming special) (gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)
>Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
>warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I'm getting the error message: error: forward declaration of `struct
bit::bitObject' and I cannot find the problem.

I hope that someone can point me in the correct direction.

With best regards,

Roel Bindels

// Forward declarations

class bitObject;

// Some other classes using proObject

// Class	bitObject
// Base	none
//
// The bitObject base class defines an object that
// can be serialized in an archive
//

class bitObject
{
public:

	// Virtual default destructor for all derived classes
	virtual ~bitObject() {}

	// Read the instance data from the archive and
	// indicate whether successful
	virtual bool Load(bitInputArchive& a_Archive)
	{
		return true;		// No data for base
	}

	// Write the instance data to the archive and
	// indicate whether successful
	virtual bool Store(bitOutputArchive& a_Archive)
	{
		return true;		// No data for base
	}
};