Re: installing GCC 3.4.4 on cygwin targeting AIX-4.3.3

> I have $prefix/bin/$target-<cmds> files installed,
> e.g. rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.3.0-as.
>
> My path includes $prefix/bin so these new commands are now all on the
> path.

	You should have the tools installed in two locations.  One as
$prefix/bin/$target-<cmds> and another as something like
$prefix/$target/bin/<cmds> .

> It looks like an assembler error, how do I know if my make script is using
> correct assembler?

	You can invoke the command manually and add the "-v" option.  This
will print out information about the commands that the "gcc" driver
program is invoking.

> what is xgcc? (is that cross-gcc? i.e. cross compiler gcc?)

	This is the name of the gcc compiler driver before it is installed
as the Makefile invokes the newly built compiler.

David