software floating point and templates

I'm currently using gcc-3.3 and glibc-2.2.5 for a ARM processor with a Solaris 8 host.  I've compiled both gcc and glibc with software floating point support.

I'm able to get most of my cross-compiled software running, but I'm currently encountering an issue with some C++ code that results in the link failing (binutils-2.13.2.1) complaining that my application has been compiled with software floating point and that its trying to link it to a file in /var/tmp/ that has been compiled with hardware floating point.  My best guess is that the file in /var/tmp is actually a template created from use of the STL within my C++ code, but I really have no idea.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on?  Has anyone successfully used gcc-3.3 with software floating point and the STL?

Thanks in advance,
Dan