Array to array assignment

Hi

This piece of code works in Dev-C++ (using gcc 2.95.2 with MinGW):

  int a[10],b[10];
  a=b;   /* array to array assignment */

Why does it work? I experimented a little bit and found out, that it really copies one array to
another. I think ANSI C forbids this. And it doesn't work with other compilers, nor with newest
version of gcc.
I was googling some hour, but found nothing about this feature.
Any explanation?

Thx
Peter

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs