RE: Problem Building 32-bit gcc native compiler

Timothy Bell wrote:

> I have plenty of space. The make bootstrap results in the same
> "differs" errors. I'm trying to compile 3.3.3.

Are you using the native HP-UX assembler? IIRC it embeds a timestamp in the
object files it builds so you'll always see a mismatch. (I'd a feeling there
was some script magic to work around this in more recent GCCs but maybe I'm
mistaken?)

The target specific notes page has more:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#hppa-hp-hpux11

    Finally, 'make bootstrap' fails in the final comparison of object
    modules due to the time stamps that it inserts into the modules.
    The bootstrap can be continued from this point with 'make all'.

Rup.