Allowing new --target='s.

Hi Folks,

I am working on porting Haiku OS to PowerPC systems.  Thus, I would
like to write a patch for gcc so I can write a cross compiler that
will target powerpc-*-haiku as elf.  While I am doing this, I might
also update i586-pc-beos to work with i586-pc-haiku and add
sparc-*-haiku too.

There is already an existing target of powerpc-pc-beos but this uses
pe or coff,  the PowerPC port of Haiku isn't interested in retaining
backward
compatibility so we will be using elf as the ix86 version does.  SPARC
is new and I have put it in as someone asked for this.

The Haiku project currently relies on gcc version 2.95.3, so I would
need to work on this version. All the guides I have read deal with
later versions of gcc and some of the files I have been looking for
are not present.  Would it be possible for someone to give me an
overview of what is needed?

For people who don't know what Haiku is, is an open source rewrite of
Be Inc's BeOS.  More information on this project can be found at
http://www.haiku-os.org/.

--
Thanks,

Andrew McCall