compiler a compiler?

I've just installed cygwin. Now I want to add a C compiler. I am famialiar with gcc from my Linux experience at work, but can't compile rthe gcc source because ./configure says I have no suitable cc compiler. It is correct. That's why I downloaded the gcc source in the first place. Doh! What I really need is a gcc binary for cygwin, but all I can find on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html is a link to the cygwin website, which I've already checked out. I am going in circles and really getting nowhere. Can someone please get me off of this ride?!

I know some of you will say that my troubles are suitable punishment for buying a Windows PC in the first place, instead of getting a Linux-loaded PC. Well... I live and learn. Right now I want to learn how to get a compiled version of a C compiler on my Cygwin. Can you help?

Mark