Re: Debug size + PCH = Pb ! ?

Hi Eljay,

Thank you for your help !

In my headers, there is not instanciation (I think, but I will check again). Of course there is template declaration and inline but I don't think this may impact size in such a way...
But, how do you explain that Linux gcc (3.4.3) generate a 200 Mo debug binary (slow but ok) and Mac gcc (3.2) generate a 1300 Mo debug binary...?
And why the object generate by an empty file (with #include <pch.h>) is 120 Ko in Linux and 4 Ko with Mac ?

May be, somewhere, a header file generate some code (but I don't think so) or may be the Apple "customized" GCC version is a bit buggy (or PCH+template+debug is a bad melting pot)?

>A book that will help you tremendously to manage a large project
>is Large-Scale C++ Software Design by John Lakos
>(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201633620).

This book seems to be REALLY interesting. Thank you very much for this good advise :-)

Regards.

Sébastien L.