cmath, math.h, and isnan

Hi,

I'm trying to compile some image processing software that uses isnan.
I'm using gcc 3.3 on os x, so (as was pointed out earlier) the c99
extensions aren't in c++ yet.  Thus, when I include on cmath I get a
'isnan' undeclared error.  The same goes for when I include both cmath
and math.h.  When I just include math.h however isnan is defined and I
can compile.

In compiling this software, I need to somehow figure out how to use
both the isnan from math.h and cmath for the other functions defined
there in the same header file but not have them conflict.  Are there
any compiler settings of macros that can be used to do this?

thanks,
wes