Help Needed!!

Hi, I'm doing my BSc in Computer Science and i want to experiment with diffrent compilers. I've been exposed mainly to the windows (i'm trying to get AWAY from windows) environment and am lost when it comes to compiling GCC. i downloaded GCC and most of the prerequisites files, i haven't found an ISO C90 compiler yet and wondered if there is any that u could recomend; i have Visual Studio .Net 2003 and CodeWarrior IDE LE installed on my system. i've read GCC instructions but i'm lost and if u r willing i would appreciate if u could walk me throught the process of compiling GCC.

Dwayne I