gcc/gfortran build question

Hi all,
   I'm trying to build the full gcc distribution.  I
followed the directions and everything went smoothly.
My problems is that it seems that none of the gfortran
binaries were compiled.  Looking in the libgfortran
directory, the README file says that the
gcc-config.patch file needs to be applied to the
top-level GCC source directory, but there is no such
file in the source directories (I looked in both the
tarball versions and the CVS snapshot).  What do I
need to to do to get gfortran to compile?

Thank you,
Brandon