Re: Problem with delete[] in class destructor

Nicolas Wack wrote:
Hi all!

I have a little problem, and I thought maybe someone could help me out before I go crazy!!
Here's a simple file that allocates some amount of memory (roughly 300MB), sleeps for 5 secs, deallocates it and sleeps for 15 seconds.

I know for sure that the program goes through all the destructors, however nothing gets freed...

define 'freed'. Do you mean 1) returned to the program's free memory pool? 2) returned to the OS?

Unless you do something system specific, #1 is what will happen (because
that's what the standard says should happen)

nathan