Re: How does the gcc -g option affect performance?

Hi.

> How does the gcc -g option affect performance?

I had asked this question before, and the consensus
seemed to be that,

a) gcc -g doesn't change the executable code that is
produced. It only adds static information to the
binary.

b) The only reason binaries with debug information run
slower is their size.

c) If all the debug information is removed using
"strip", the resulting code is as good as a code
compiled without the "-g" option.

My question is: Is there any *official* gnu
documentation that clearly guarantees the above is the
case? I searched high and low but I haven't come
across any!

I'd really appreciate any help in this matter.

Regards,
Vishnu.