Re: How does the gcc -g option affect performance?

Ha, yeah.  Sorry.  Of course you're right.  I also neglected to
mention that when I compile with -g I don't compile with
optimizations.  I've heard that bad things can happen when you do
that?  I guess because then registers can be used for variables and
it's not possible for the debugger to always get at the data?

Yeah, so that's probably accounting for most of the slow down.  Also,
I had a temporary brain fart and was lumping data and and instruction
stuff together... please ignore my previous post ;)

  Brian