iostream not visible in g++

Hi,
    I am running the gcc 3.4.2 . The .c files are
compiling properly but when using g++ for compilation
of  c++ files,I can't compile even a single line file.
Infact it gives problem in the inclusion of iostream.h
file. what can be error. How can i make these standard
libraries visible to program.I am getting the error as

iostream: No such file or directory
/hm/tmp.cpp: In function `int main()':
/hm/tmp.cpp:17: error: `cout' undeclared (first use
this function)
/hm/tmp.cpp:17: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in.)
/hm/tmp.cpp:17: error: `endl' undeclared (first use
this function)

Can anybody please help me, how can i make these
standard libraries to be visible. I need it urgently.

regards
Prabhas

=====
If facts don't fit theory, change the facts
                                                        -Albert Einstein