Enable dynamic for cross to sparc-sun-solaris2.8

I've successfully built a crosscompiler to sparc-sun-solaris2.8 using
GCC and binutils mainline, but I notice that the resulting compiler only
creates static executables.

How can I build the compiler so that it builds dynamic executables?

I've noticed that all native dynamic binaries, both from Sun Workshop 6
and GCC, reference /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-100/lib/libc_psr.so.1.
I suspect I need to get the compiler to understand that it needs to link
against this directory, but I have no idea how.  It would somehow need
to know that the target is SUNW,Sun-Blade-100, which isn't specified (as
far as I know) by the target triple.

This appears to be possible, though, as a web search shows that people
before me have gotten this to work.

$ uname -a
SunOS host 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100

Aaron W. LaFramboise