Convert dynamic lib to static lib

Hi,

I have a dynamic library that someone else has compiled - it's in fact the pgplot library built for Win32.

It contains:
cpgplot.h
libcpgplot.a
libcpgplot.dll
libpgplot.a
libpgplot.dll

When I build my apps I include the header file and link to the 2 '.a' files, and they build and run fine. But this is a dynamic build - and the 2 dll's need to be locatable at runtime.

For a particular project I would like to have a static build of that pgplot library - one that doesn't involve the loading of any dll's. Is it possible to convert that dynamic build that I have into a static build - and if so, how ?

I'm hoping to avoid having to compile pgplot from source as it looks like a bugger of a job on Win32.

Cheers,
Rob