GCC / Relocatable code

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project that will involve the use of a m68k-elf-gcc
compiler on a coldfire 5407 target.

My target operates under a proprietary embedded operating system, that has
been developped and compiled using the Diab toolchain. Now we would like to
develop applications that will run under that OS but those applications will
have to be compiled with the gnu compiler.

Those application's code will have to be fully relocatable (code+data).
Which means that the library linked with the application's code will also
have to be relocatable. So I guess I will have to compile the GNU library
with options that will force the compiler to generate relocatable  (PIC)
code. I looked at the documentation, and I found out two options that I
think should help me : -fPIC and -msep-data. Is it correct?
When working with the DIAB compiler, I found an option that generated
initializers for static variables (mandatory when working with relocatable
code), but I can not find any identical option in the gcc compiler.
Is there such an option in the gcc world?

To compile my library, I am using gcc of course, along with binutils and
newlib. Do you know in which makefile I could type my relocatable code
generating options? Those makefiles are huge and I do not know really where
to change without doing too much harm... ;-)

Many thanks for advance, please forgive me for my newbies questions...

Despina

Inscrivez-vous gratuitement sur Tandaime, Le site de rencontres !
http://rencontre.rencontres.com/index.php?origine=4