Building on an AIX Bare Minimum System

Hello,

We have an AIX 4.3.3 system which has no compiler, assembler, etc.
Even no common header files that I can find on this system. We needed
to have a C compiler on this machine and I decided that it'd be
better to install gcc on it, instead of standard IBM compiler (xlc).
As it didn't have any compiler, I downloaded and installed the binary
gcc (3.3.3) files for AIX from UCLA's AIX binaries web
site(http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/index.html). It worked okay.

Now I decided to upgrade to the latest 3.4.1 version of gcc (as
UCLA's site didn't have that yet). I downloaded the source for 3.4.1
and ran "configure". It started giving me tons of errors about not
being able to find certain header files (even the basic ones, like
malloc.h, strings.h, etc.). When I search for those header files, I
can see that these are there in the gcc source tree (e.g.
/tmp/gcc/gcc-3.4.1/libstdc++-v3/include/c_compatibility/). How do I
make a fully running gcc 3.4.1?? How do I make it to find those
header files? And if those header files are not on the system
entirely, where should I get them from (GNU, IBM, ...)?? Which header
files (and libraries) would I need (GNU's, IBM's)?? Would I be able
to make gcc to run on its own or would I have to have IBM's compiler
there anyway? Can someone help me please. Thanks.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Salman