Re: problem using a custom exception class

An update.
I was able to avoid this problem by replacing attribute_error with runtime_error. I don't want to keep my code this way, attribute_error hides use of ostringstring to format a meanful error...
So I still would like to know what is wrong with my attribute_error class.

Before somebody asks:
1. I did include the implementation of attribute_error in the library.
2. I tried to link all the files of my library instead of using a library. I got the very same results...

Jeffrey Holle wrote:
I'm using gcc v3.4.1.

I've a custom exception class which I'm using in a library that compiles without any compiler errors/warnings.

When I attempt to use this library, I get:
  : undefined reference to `typeinfo for attribute_error'

My custom exception class, modeled using info from stdexcept, is:

class attribute_error : public std::exception
{
public:
explicit attribute_error(const std::string& attributeName) throw(); // used for missing attribute
explicit attribute_error(const std::string& attributeName, const std::string& msg) throw();
virtual ~attribute_error() throw() {}
virtual const char* what() const throw();
private:
std::string msg_;
};

Can someone point me to how to fix this?