Debug Information In ELF File

Hi All,

I am using GCC 2.7-tx19-971107 with "-gdwarf-2" options to generate a
relocatable output file for MIPS having debug information in DWARF2
format. I used readelf (version 2.13.90 20021107) to read the elf file.
I have to analyze this file for debug information so I used it with
"-all -wliaprmfFso" options.

I found that section header is displayed for .mdebug section but its
contents are not shown.
Also there is no mention of .mdebug section in DWARF2 specification.
Please tell me if .mdebug section is required for debug information in
DWARF2 format.

Also please tell me  if the following directives have any effect on the
debug sections ?
.ent, .end, .val, .def,.size,.scl,.tag.

Where can I get a detailed description about these directives?

Please let me know if any other information is required.

Thanx in advance.

Ranjeeta Sharma.