Re: Warning with 64-Bit datatype

That was the solution - thank you!

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:18:33 +0200 (MEST), Vincent Torri <torri@math.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

try to add another L at the end of the constant

hth

Vincent TORRI

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Michael Pfeiffer wrote:

Hi,

I get some warnings with following code:

__int64 hash;

hash=(hash<<1) & 0x7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFL;

The warnings tell me that the constant is too long for the datatype of
"hash". But when I count the digits of 0x7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFL there are
exactly 16 which are equal to 64 bit. It doesn't helps either when I
change the datatype from __int64 to (unsigned) long long, so what could be
the reason for this warning?

Michael

--

Available soon: The Linux Developer board at http://www.linuxboard.org