Re: Build problem with gcc 3.4 on Mac OS X

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 10:28, Davide Angelocola wrote:
> Ok, I've looked deeply. There are few interesting lines that should
> point me to the solution:
> configure:2111: gcc -g -O2 -no-cpp-precomp  conftest.c  >&5
> configure:2205: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -no-cpp-precomp  conftest.c  >&5

It looks like you are still grepping the config.log file.  I can't do
anything with that info.  You need to actually read it, or post extracts
from it, to see what the problem is.

> ***configure:2749: gcc -c -Wno-long-long -no-cpp-precomp conftest.c >&5
> ****
> The test fails when configure try to compile a conftest.c file with
> -Wno-long-long.

This is meaningless without additional context, such as the testcase
used, and the error message emitted.

> > I would suggest trying CPP="cc -E", or whatever $CC is set to instead
> > of using /usr/bin/cpp directly.  Or better yet, just set it to an
> > empty string, and let configure determine which program to use as the
> > C preprocessor.
> I've tried this too.

If "cc -E" (or "gcc -E") doesn't work, then I would suspect there is
something wrong with your system or your setup.  We would need info from
the log file to tell.  Info you haven't provided yet.

Are you using anything that modifies how the compiler works?  There are
some Mac users that use some strange package on top of their compiler,
the name of which I can't remember, but it is known that this package
causes problems, and use of it is not recommended.