Pthread support on Arm-elf

hi all
I tried to cross compile gcc for arm-elf with pthread support (Eariler i was able to cross compile without thread support using --disable-threads. But now I need the cross compiler with thread.) I tried to configure with --enable-thread but wasn't succesful to build the gcc. The make process gave out an error.
checking for extra compiler flags for building...
configure: WARNING: No native atomic operations are provided for this platform.
configure: WARNING: They cannot be faked when thread support is disabled.
configure: WARNING: Thread-safety of certain classes is not guaranteed.
configure: error: No support for this host/target combination.
make: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
The error suggests that there is no thread support for arm. If I am right what is the process to add the thread support to arm gcc.
And if there is thread support for arm then how should I cross compile to get arm-elf-gcc with thread support.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Vijay Deep