Re: ABI demangling problems

Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:
Hi Asfand,

>I wish there was a standard C++ way of doing demangling in the official standard (C++0x perhaps?).

Depending on your viewpoint, either unfortunately (or fortunately), the official standard C++ does not address C++ ABI.

My viewpoint is that it is "unfortunately".

Actually, all I asked for was a standard function that takes a mangled name in a string and returns a standard string representation of that type ("std::vector" or whatever.)

The standard would only have to enforce that the function return a human-readable output.

The actual ABI I'm not too concerned about, quite frankly.

I just want to demangle type name strings! Why did GCC 3.4.0 have to muck up its demangling facility! :-(

--
http://www.it-is-truth.org/