Re: ABI demangling problems

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Asfand Yar Qazi <email@asfandyar.cjb.net> writes:

I'm using the abi::__cxa_demangle() function, and it doesn't recognise
the names 'l' (for long) and other similar names.  This seems to be
new behaviour since the change to G++ 3.4.0 from 3.3.3. (where the
names for long, char etc. were demangled fine.) How can I demangle the
names for long (l), char(c), unsigned char(h), etc.?

Can you give an example of what you mean?

I don't know if this is what you are referring to, but note that the
demangler does not demangle single character typenames.  I think that
is a dumb rule, but it follows the API described here:
    http://www.codesourcery.com/cxx-abi/abi.html#demangler

Ian

Well it USED to in 3.3.3. That is a silly rule. Sigh... I'll just have to put in the single character stuff manually. I wish there was a standard C++ way of doing demangling in the official standard (C++0x perhaps?).

Thanks

-- http://www.it-is-truth.org/