This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ABI demangling problems
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Asfand Yar Qazi <email at asfandyar dot cjb dot net>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 22 Jun 2004 12:45:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: ABI demangling problems
- References: <40D4DA49.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Asfand Yar Qazi <email@example.com> writes:
> I'm using the abi::__cxa_demangle() function, and it doesn't recognise
> the names 'l' (for long) and other similar names. This seems to be
> new behaviour since the change to G++ 3.4.0 from 3.3.3. (where the
> names for long, char etc. were demangled fine.) How can I demangle the
> names for long (l), char(c), unsigned char(h), etc.?
Can you give an example of what you mean?
I don't know if this is what you are referring to, but note that the
demangler does not demangle single character typenames. I think that
is a dumb rule, but it follows the API described here: