This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
wfstream::get() function and multibyte encoding
- From: "Joseph D. Wagner" <theman at josephdwagner dot info>
- To: <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:40:17 -0500
- Subject: wfstream::get() function and multibyte encoding
The get() function on a wfstream object, at least the way I am using it, still fetches only 1 byte. I would have though get() on wfstream would fetch sizeof(wchar_t). I am aware that different overloaded versions of get() can fetch multiple characters, but is there a switch, setting, or option to tell the get() function to fetch sizeof(wchar_t) instead of just a single byte?
Joseph D. Wagner