This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: about hpoj-0.91 and macosx 10.3.4 - gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)
- From: llewelly at xmission dot com
- To: Andrea Riela <ml at nesys dot it>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 10 Jun 2004 13:37:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: about hpoj-0.91 and macosx 10.3.4 - gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)
- References: <40C50A73.email@example.com>
Andrea Riela <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Hi folks,
> I've tried to compile hpoj-0.91 in my workstation with MacOs X
> 10.3.4. I receive an error:
> cc: unrecognized option `-shared'
> ld: unknown flag: -soname
> make: *** [libhpojip.so.0.1] Error 1
> make: *** [just_compile] Error 2
> From Apple dev docs I've seen that "-shared: In GCC 2, generates
> shared liibraries. In GCC 3, this option is not supported, so you
> should use libtool (or use ld directly) instead. Shared libraries in
> Mac OS X may be different from those you are accustomed to on other
> Could you help me? there's somthing that could I do?
I seem to recall apple gcc 3.3.x (but not FSF gcc 3.3.x) supports
shared libraries on Mac OS X. I think FSF gcc 3.4 does as well.
What is the output of 'gcc -v'? Can you install and try a newer gcc