executable help

I am having problems running the executable created after compiling a simple
c program. The code compiles no problem, but when I type "a.out" which is
the output file resulting from my program compilation, the prompt says,
"command not found". This seems to work on my normal solaris account.

The problem is that I would like to compile programs in the train without an
internet connection. I can use my Max OSX terminal to get a unix prompt, but
it is not currently working due to this problem.

I am using mac os X terminal with a recent instillation of xcode

I know this may seem like a simple question and I hope there is a simple
solution. Please excuse my english as I am new to the country.

reply to

zach@mabventures.com

thank you in advance

Zach Lawryk