This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Help on G77 under opteron AMD 64bit
- From: Riccardo Fantechi <Riccardo dot Fantechi at cern dot ch>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:36:07 +0200
- Subject: Help on G77 under opteron AMD 64bit
- Keywords: CERN SpamKiller Note: -49 Charset: west-latin
- Organization: CERN
we are currently tracing a problem on some old Fortran code using G77 on
an AMD 64 bit Opteron machine. We understood that local variables are
put in the stack area (i.e. with addresses > 2**32), which causes our
deprecated and ugly code to fail.
Is there any option to force local variables to be in the same address
area as those in COMMON? We have tried with -fno-automatic, but it
doesn't seem to solve the problem.
We are using gcc 3.3.1 under Suse linux.
Thank you very much Riccardo Fantechi - Giuseppe