This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: glibc and Thread synchronization
- From: Ishwar Rattan <ishwar at pali dot cps dot cmich dot edu>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:28:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: glibc and Thread synchronization
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 email@example.com wrote:
> I think this issue is intrisinc to linux thread design, since the signal
> is lost if there is no thread waiting
That is correct behavior.
You are using calls to POSIX threads and have nothing to do with
gcc or Linux.
> for it. However, this is still enoying because, in my view, it breaks the
> expected deterministic behavior resulting from thread synchronization.
Welcome to concurrent programming!
Try your question on comp.programming.threads for an explaination.