This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libgcc license
- From: Eljay Love-Jensen <eljay at adobe dot com>
- To: Sampath Peechu <speechu at hotmail dot com>, gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:27:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: libgcc license
- References: <BAY1-F134hAnv2Ew2wD00006a6a@hotmail.com>
Here's the license agreement for GCC. Including libgcc.a which is part of GCC.
I believe the entire GCC is GPL, with liberal allowances for some
components for certain purposes. I think libgcc.a is one of those
components that has liberal extensions for its usage.
But I'm not a lawyer, I'm not part of the GNU organization, and I may be
That's not the same as LGPL, which is a little less restrictive.
Even if a lot of us confirm/vouch what I've stated, that's not tantamount
to having your own lawyer take a look at the GCC license.
(And if I'm mistaken, I'm open to correction.)