This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Build Problems with HP-UX 32
- From: hassib dot r dot obaidi at accenture dot com
- To: <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:10:15 -0500
- Subject: Build Problems with HP-UX 32
2 issues please ...
1. I have been using GDB 4.16 on a HP-UX 32bit machine and found out while debugging that GDB will only allow a max of 99 defined local variables to be printed and seen on the screen at a time. When I go beyond the 99 number limit, the debugger seems to only print out the remaing variables, minus the 99 previous ones defined above. The problem is that I am working with many pre-designed functions that will also have this problem ... so it would be time consuming to move variables around so that the limit is not reached for every function. I have not found a short term solution for this problem on GDB 4.16 other than looking at the source code.
2. I recently downloaded GDB 5.0 on the same machine. When I go to build, I get the following error ... /opt/ansic/bin/cc -Ae +DA1.1 -c -g -D__HP_CURSES -DSEEK_64_BITS cpp: "/usr/include/curses.h", error 4036: Can't open include file '../old/usr/include/curses.h'
I do not have an /old directory so I will not be able to find the curses.h file as well. Within the /usr/include/curses.h file the following condition is true ...
#if defined(__HP_CURSES) && !defined(__LP64__)
Does this have to do with the fact that I am not running on a 64 bit machine?
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.