compiler trouble

sir ,

i am having trouble with my red hat 9 compiler

whenever i try to run any ".c" program , the comp gives an error "command
not found" . when i try to view its man page it gives error "no manual
entry for gcc ", but when i list all the entries of man page there is one
gcc296 and g++296 but either of them don,t work .

plz help me

my system is a dual os , ie win XP and red hat linux .

hoping early reply .

 akash bhunchal
 1st year
 electronics and communication
 indian institute of technology guwahati (IIT)

This email was sent from IIT Guwahati Webmail.If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.
http://www.iitg.ernet.in