-Wconversion

Hi
I would like to use -Wconversion in building, however I've searched to find a way (like #pragma unused) to shut of the warning for a specific case.
Example:
warning: passing arg 2 of 'chmod' with different width due to prototype
I'm satisfied that there is no problem, so for the function or the location or completed source file that uses 'chmod' I'd like to stop the warning, but use a blanket flag -Wconversion for any new code created within a project or that source file.
Is this possible? or is what I'm asking defeating the purpose? Is there a directive that I can place at the head of the source file that can be removed if new code is added?
Thanks