Re: request for help

Siddhartha S <sidharta@yahoo-inc.com> writes:

> Hi,
> 	Could you please point me to an authoritative document with changes in gcc3.0
> with respect to gcc 2.95.*  especially with respect to c++ both in terms of
> compatibility/performance?

First note that gcc 3.0 is quite old, and somewhat problematical
    compared to earlier and later releases of gcc. I strongly suggest
    you upgrade to gcc 3.3.3 instead.

The new features for 3.0 are here:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.0/features.html
See also the caveats page:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.0/caveats.html

The new features for 3.3.3 are here:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/changes.html

Amoung other things, please note gcc 3+ requires proper using
    directives, using declarations, and/or std:: qualifications for
    standard C++ library components, as required by the 1998
    standard.