Re: where to get gcc 3.3.3

Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> writes:

> Ian Lance Taylor <ian@wasabisystems.com> writes:
>
> | "Dave Murphy" <wintermute2k4@ntlworld.com> writes:
> |
> | > did you look here then -> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/releases/gcc-3.3.3/
> |
> | Hmmm, I didn't see it there either.
>
> Huh?

I meant that I didn't see the 3.3.3 release on ftp.gnu.org.

> | Why isn't it at the same level as all the other gcc releases?
>
> I suppose the question is why that server for GCC does not reflect the
> same structure as ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/ and any other mirror.

ftp.gnu.org is not a mirror of gcc.gnu.org.

It follows a particular directory format which it has followed for
many years for all GNU programs, not just gcc.  We should not change
that format arbitrarily for gcc.  In particular we should not change
it just for 3.3.3 without simultaneously changing it for all the other
releases which are already there.

Ian