RE: gcc-3.2.3 with -ansi and 32bit gcc-3.2.3 binaries

All,
I think Lyle has in directly answered my question, so I'm posting this
for clarity.  It turns out I don't necessarily need to use -ansi, but I
do need to be compliant with the 14882:1998 ISO C++ Programming Language
Spec.  This was a misunderstanding of how I interpreted my projects
requirements I think.

So, after reading GCC online docs about libstdc++
(http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq/index.html), and GCC
commands
info(http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C-Dialect-Options.html#C%20Dialec
t%20Options ), if I use the command line option:
g++ -std=c++98 -pedantic -o proc proc.cpp
all compiles and runs fine, and I have told the g++ compiler to adhere
to the 14882:1998 ANSI/ISO/IEC C++ Programming Language Specification.
So I don't need -ansi after all. I think this will work for now.
However, please keep in mind that for some reason the snippet of code I
posted in this thread will not build with "g++ -ansi -o proc proc.cpp"
for some reason of which I don't need to dive into right now since I
have found another way.
Phil