Re: RedHat 7.3 hung process during compile

Hi,

Sorry I can really add anything specific, but I would try to halve the
problem by running a series of tests - does it happen on a different O/S
compiling the same code (or vice-versa)?  Or with a different gcc? If it is
intermittent then it could well be hardware as pointed out below, but it
could conceivably be due to other factors on that machine - I'd therefore
want to test with the same code and compiler on another machine.  Boeing
surely must have an alternative host to run this on - they're big enough ;-)
Doing such tests should reveal where the problem lies.

Sorry, you've probably thought of all that already..

Cheers,

David Carter-Hitchin,
GSD-Risk-IT, UBS Investment Bank