Re: RedHat 7.3 hung process during compile

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 05:40, David Highley wrote:
> We have a customer site, Boeing, that is experiencing an intermittent hung
> process problem doing compiles. We know that this is not the fault of
> the compiler but hope that someone in the community may have also
> experienced this situation and found a fix for it. We have searched the
> RedHat and www.kernel.org sites but found nothing that points to the
> situation we are experiencing.

Just some ideas, hope they help...

Have you run a memory tester on it?  A lot of these sort of problems
come back to hardware.  If you download the mepis CD there is a memory
test on the boot menu.

I am assuming that you have checked the logs,  the situation I had was a
hard disk failure that was issue messages.  Mine was a lot more terminal
though, crashed the machine.

Finally you might want to bounce this to the fedora list for some help.
--
Thanks
KenF