Re: 128 bit floating point arithmetic

Hi Eljay,

thank you very much for your response.

> A quick Google search indicates that the Pentium 4 does not > natively support 128-bit floating point arithmetic.  It does
I'm sorry that I did not check more deeply, you are right.
Pentium 4 (including Prescott) supports just SIMD on two
doubles or 4 floats. However, what about Athlon64? On web
page
http://www.devx.com/amd/Article/17962
there is mentioned that
"New native instructions for 64-bit integer and 128-bit floating-
point arithmetic"
On the other hand, I have checked the set of instructions for
Athlon64  and it does not seem that it supports 128-bit floating
point arithmetic. Any comments on this? Which processors
supports 128-bit floating point arithmetic? I just know about
sparc64, pa64, ia64-hpux and alpha-osf5.

Thank you very much!
Jirka