building gcc

hi,

I've been building gcc for a couple of embedded targets using powerpc and
arm.

could anyone advise me on the best way to go about adding a custom
linkscript and crt0 for the machines I'm targetting. I believe I need to add
some things to the specs file to specify these at link time but I'm not sure
of the correct way to do this.

I'd also like to know what the correct method is for allowing global
constructors. Is crt0 supposed to drop through the init sections before
reaching main rather than calling main directly as so many people seem to do
when customising gcc for a specific target.

Dave