Re: Alternative of dynamic_cast

>   Hi All,
>   Is there any alternative of dynamic_cast on the following platform:
>   gcc version: 2.96
>   platform : Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1AS.
>
> 	I don't want to use dynamic_cast. Is there any alternative of
> dynamic_cast which has the same functionality ? Or any pointer to write
> the implementation of dynamic_cast in  class or as global function ?

Why do you need a dynamic_cast? Sometimes the use of dynamic_cast'ing
points to a poor interface... there are usually workarounds to
dynamic_casting.

However, maybe the *simpler* (i.e. to not touch the sources) approach
would be to "downgrade" your system to gcc-2.95.*. C++ ABI is the same,
and it's a rock-solid  compiler, albeit a bit outdated. However, if
extensive relinking and redeployment is not an issue, then you might
choose one of the gcc 3.3 series compilers.

Miguel.