RE: ELF instruction for section and branch.

Hi!

Thanx for the answer.

So it would appear that we will not be able to generate ELF branch
across sections in MIPS architecture. But, is it possible for ELF
architecture as such, or

"official ELF spec does not define a suitable relocation"

the above statement holds true for any architecture with ELF output. If
I wish to compile and link the example in the x86 architecture with ELF
format as output, how will I do that and specially is that possible??

Also, does GCC define sections in the assembly file as '.section .text1'
or is this example specific to an architecture??

Gagneet