ELF instruction for section and branch.

Hi!

I wish to enquire what is the equivalent for a assembly language section
in the GCC ELF format?

Also, we have a problem of getting the output in ELF format where a
branch instruction is accessing a label in the second section.

Is this possible?

Or is the Branch and Jump instruction PC relative in MIPS ELF format
also, so that they cannot be accessed over the sections. If this is so,
I have to come back to my original question - how are sections defined
in the output of GCC for MIPS ELF architecture files.

I am running the tool in Win32, with the GDB port of Tx39 architecture.
Hope this information is enough, if not please ask for any other
required information.

Thank You

Gagneet