g77 help

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

we, the developer team at the university of munich, chair of structural analysis use the compiler f77 of HP-UX. Now you want to compile our software under Linux by means of g77. The main problem we suffer is related to array bounds.

We use for our array management a common block named L. So we define in the subroutines the common block as usual
COMMON L(1)
But the compiler gives this warning message, for example in combination with EQUIVALENCE: Warning: Array subscript #1 out of range for EQUIVALENCE of `l'
in the case of
EQUIVALENCE (L(4),IDIR),(L(3),NEXT),(L(15),IVM),(L(74),MAXUSE)

How to get rid of this?
The compiler flags of our makefile for f77 is as follows:
   +T -R4 -I4 +A +A8 +FPD +DAportable -g

How to convert them to g77?

The manual of g77 did not help us much in the jungle of flags.

Thanks for your help.

With regards

Fernass Daoud

--