Re: help, i need help

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 08:20:18PM -0700, EmmanuelJoy Barut wrote:
> Hi,

Hi.

> I am trying to install gcc but there is always a
> problem it always say set your environment to CC or
> something.

Is it really that fuzzy about the wording? Why don't you copy'n'paste
the *exact* phrase into the mail???

> Your manual says it so but I don't know how. I am just beginning to
> use a linux type operating system, and I still don't know many
> things I hope you can help me.

To set the environment variable CC to a working compiler in a bourne
compatible shell you can do:

CC="/path/to/your/c-compiler"
export CC

You need to have a working C compiler installed on your system in
order to compile GCC. For instance you can use GCC.

What kind of distribution are you using? Redhat, SuSE? Why don't you
install a prepackaged binary version for your distribution? Do you
really need to compile GCC yourself?

HTH
--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user                         - against HTML email  X